Helpful Selling Tips
PREPARING YOUR HOME FOR SALE
INSIDE PREPARATION OUTSIDE PREPARATION INSPECTIONS AND OPEN HOMES
- Ensure your house is clean and tidy
- Think about hiring furniture or employing the talents of an interior designer.
Your agent should be able to help you there
- Make sure all doors work well (handles turn and lock)
- Open curtains to allow in as much light as possible
- Remove clutter
- Rub lavender oil into door-jambs to provide a soothing, clean smell
- Replace all cracked or broken glass
- Make sure all gates work well (handles turn and lock smoothly, and don't jam)
- Remove leaves and sticks from gutter
- Replace broken fences or missing palings
- Mow the lawns and mulch where necessary
- Try to be out of the house when buyers inspect as they will feel more comfortable
- Make sure the house is a comfortable temperature
- Brew some coffee before each inspection (freshly ground is the best) The aroma creates a
pleasant association for buyer
- Soft background music is a fantastic way to set a relaxing tone
- Ensure your agent knows what makes your house a home – explain why it has that special “feel” '
for you, point out its highlights. This will help the photographer create advertising materials that
really capture the feeling of the home.
OUTSIDE PREPARATION INSPECTIONS AND OPEN HOMES
INSPECTIONS AND OPEN HOMES
- If you are unable to do these things by yourself, we are more than happy to provide a handyman at a discounted rate.